Stock Markets Terms That Are Important
Every industry has a set of jargons used often by experts to communicate within the peer groups, in the securities market, the communication is short and trading terms are used. Amateurs who are new to the financial markets could find it overwhelming to respond to jargons used due to the paucity of timing that is extremely important for stock market live trading sessions. Using terms like charts, patterns spread, and indices could be challenging, learning important terms that are often used will give a good perspective of the stock market in general.
Accelerating the learning process is important for understanding the trading challenges and pick the important terms that are ultimately aimed to generate profit from the selling of the stocks or shares of a company at a higher price, and purchasing them at a lesser price.
Basic Key Terms
- the exchange that facilitates a set of stocks of a company, equity in terms of every single share or piece of a company, bought and sold at a common medium of exchange with other traders in a global forum is referred as stock markets
- the annual report of a company is extremely important to know how the financial health of the company is before one has picked up the nuances of skilled trading, the cash flow, the performances, and the financial ratios help in understanding the company
- buying and selling of the same stocks in different markets, exchanges at different pricing will give the advantage to the trader to sell the stock at a higher price after buying them at a lower price the, difference being the profit on arbitrage
- the usual practice of buying more shares when the pricing is down and decreasing the average purchase price is a strategy that traders use in a general market scenario, it is better to keep the holding for the pricing to rebound in a bullish market, thus averaging the cost down on the stock
- when markets are reflecting a downward trend or a brief period of falling prices of stocks, the market is said to be bearish, when the prices are showing an increasing trend they are said to be bullish
- the measurement of a stock against the physical price value is measured in terms of Beta, the movement of price from 100 to 150 will directly reflect the stock to move by similar value, measured in terms of
The trading business has seen a huge rise ever since the introduction of Bitcoin.
What makes Bitcoin trading popular?
Bitcoin trading has become an ideal investment mainly because of its
- High volatility
- Unpredictable price movements
- Huge trading volumes per trading day
Facts about Bitcoin
- While the traditional currency is made from paper, copper, bronze, and gold, Bitcoins are principally a cluster of highly encrypted data.
- Bitcoin has become a part of the trading world and more specifically an important fraction of the fast emerging cryptocurrency market. Hence, it is not wise to waste your time pondering over news such as Crypto Code scam and similar others.
- Bitcoin transactions abandon all banks and other governmental intermediaries that claim to act as the mediator for all your monetary transactions involving cash and other finances. Rather, cryptocurrencies facilitate the direct exchange of money between the concerned individuals by making use of a highly secure technology called the Blockchain technology.
- Initially, the first cryptocurrency that made use of the Blockchain technology was none other than Bitcoin itself. This process emerged out to be successful and later resulted in the development of a new cryptocurrency under the title Bitcoin Cash and many others including Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple, all which had contributed to an improvement of the Blockchain technology in terms of costs, speed, and energy requirements.
- Fundamentally, the Blockchain forms a ledger of transactions that are maintained securely in its network and the processing of the digital currencies happens with the help of complex mathematical algorithms known as mining of cryptocurrencies.
- Therefore, the Blockchain network performs one important function, which is to record every monetary transaction using a highly secure and fast process. However, one drawback of using the Blockchain network to carry out transactions is that every transaction is chargeable.
- The present value of the overall cryptocurrency market is expected to have crossed the $700 billion mark and analysts expect this figure could further increase by the start of 2019. This is one of the main reasons that make Bitcoin trading an appealing proposition in 2018. Out of the entire cryptocurrency market, Bitcoin is the only one that makes up for more than half of its share.
- However, the huge net worth associated with Bitcoins is concentrated in the hands of only a few persons because Bitcoins are purchased in small fractions. Therefore, this provides a great opportunity for everyone to dabble.
- Investors of Bitcoins consider that Bitcoin trading marks the dawn of a new, better, and free world.
The Most Popular Alternatives For A Conventional Savings Account
When you deposit money in a place expecting the money to grow during a particular duration then it is called investment. Savings accounts do come with small interest rates but these are often not considered as investments. People have savings accounts because they are simple and straightforward and they make transactions simpler. Talk about simplicity for those looking to make trading simpler there are trading bots. People look for simplicity when it comes to saving and investing money so that they could save time. Are there other similar simple options where you can park your funds other than the savings accounts? Yes, there are several alternatives. Savings accounts and even the high yield savings account all come with very small interest rates. So here are a few other options that come with a relatively higher rate of returns-
- High yield money market accounts
Money market accounts are known to be the closest alternatives to a savings account as they also offer a liquidity that is somewhat similar. With the FDIC insurance, they come with when you choose a money market account you would be getting higher interest rates.
- High yield bonds
Bonds are considered safe investments. There are even many that come with a short tenure. The high yield bonds are riskier than the other options but the returns from them are high even with a small investment.
- CDs for long-term
For those looking for security Certificate of deposits are perfect. If you choose a long-term CD then larger returns are guaranteed. This is a perfect option for those with funds that are not required in the near future. In a savings accounts these can be held for a really long duration without much growth but in CDs, they would come back with a good interest added.
- Stocks with dividends
Dividend stocks take into account not the price of the stock but the number of stocks that an individual owns. Dividend yields are some of the best profits to add to your portfolio even as a new investor.
The above options might not offer the same amount of liquidity or the same security that savings account offer. The convenience of accessing the funds might also not be the same. But if you have extra funds that could be put to better use than lying idle in a savings account then the above choices could be considered.
A Basic Insight to the Forex Trade
Foreign exchange market is the most liquid market in the world with an average trading volume exceeding USD 4 trillion. This is one of the largest domains of the financial market traded by millions of people. The foreign exchange trade commonly called the Forex, FX or currency trading is concerned with currency exchanges. Forex is traded in the same way as securities/stocks in a stock exchange.
A Forex transaction is not necessarily be carried out only by the traders. One would eventually end up making a Forex transaction when traveling abroad. For instance, if you make a trip to the USA from your hometown, assume India, you would need to hold acceptable currency in the USA i.e. dollars to make a transaction. In such scenario, you land in shops offering currency exchanges to convert your Indian rupees to dollars based on an exchange rate called the foreign exchange rate which is determined according to the demand and supply of the economy. This rate determines how many US dollars you get in exchange for the Indian currency. The exchange rates are oscillatory.
A Forex trader makes money out of the difference in exchange value. Just like the stock market, the Forex market is also volatile with fluctuating price movements. However, few currencies move less than a percent in a day or two thereby the change in the total value of the currency is very low or nil. Hence, the market volatility is relatively low when compared to other markets, especially, the stock market. Additionally, as there are millions of buyers and sellers’, trading in this market is quite easy. The demand for the Forex market is eternal as people need currency for basic living and to make a transaction. It is because of the demand and volatility factor, this market is considered to be the most exciting and a fast-paced market around the world.
Getting into Forex trade is easy. All that is required for a successful trader is constant monitoring of price fluctuations and the basic knowledge of trading. With the advancement in technology, we now have trading robots, online brokers who are highly experienced and skilled in this field to guide traders/investors in executing trade effectively. The trading robots are considered to be an asset for all traders especially the beginners as they are the powerhouse of information about the trading and would guide the traders in making the right move to earn an enormous profit. The features of trading robots are comprehensive. Click here to know more about the Forex trading robots and its achievements.
Add Some Cash
One of the secured ways to have some additional money is through personal loans. The personal loan borrowed can be put to good use for repaying the huge debt that has high-interest rates like debt on credit card. You can clear this debt by trading and gaining profits. You can enhance your financial condition is buy getting a personal loan that has a rate of interest of 7% to 10% and using it to pay your credit card debt that has an interest rate of 19% to 26%. A personal loan will not come at a very low-interest-rate like loans that are collateral such as home equity loans and mortgage loans. But it can serve as a good loan type to choose if you do not want to take a loan that is collateral one or if you don’t have an option to choose.
Locally Owned Banks or Credit Unions
Since the arrival of the Internet, getting a source to borrow loans has increased and gone beyond taking loans from local banks and credit unions. Best idea would be to choose banks that are locally available or credit union where you do banking transactions most commonly because they will have the lowest rate of interest for the personal loan. Going to the local banks and having a meet with the loan officer one on one will help in discussing the loan and you will be reviewing the complete finance related topics for a long time. Following which the officer will be able to give you suggestion about a better alternative which might be a less expensive way to get extra money like a line of credit. And suppose the loan officer turns out to be someone whom you know personally they will be able to offer you help in knowing the right path of approval.
If the customer makes a deal with the local financial organization they will help get the customers the cash they need in a short time period. Sometimes there is a possibility that you might just go to the bank to apply for a personal loan and come out with the money you have borrowed. If we compare the terms offered by online banker and the local banks, the local banks will have the terms for a loan that is quite flexible, banks like peer-to-peer lenders. However, as simple as it might sound to get a loan from traditional banks, one downside they have is that the standards for creditworthiness is very high which is difficult to meet and generally it is required to have a minimum of 700 as a credit score.
The Bitcoin Loophole trading margins can be categorized into three main types with respect to a cash market segment and include
- The VaR or Value at Risk margin: This is considered as the heart of the margining system which is exclusive for cash market segment.
- VaR margin is involved in collecting information on an upfront basis like how likely the volatility factor is likely to move over next one day.
- It is an effective technique used to predict the value loss probability of an asset or its group based on some statistical measures of historical price trends and movements.
- Further, this sector has three basic components like time, a level of confidence and a loss percentage upon which the value of an asset or portfolio is calculated.
- When relating to a stock exchange scenario, a VaR margin is something which is intended to cover the largest percentage of loss which the investor must face for his purchases or selling shares occurring within a day.
- Additionally, a VaR is tallied using EWMA or Exponentially Weighted Moving Average methodology. For this the companies holding the shares should be further divided into three like how periodically their shares get a trade, how is the liquidity maintained and how an impact cost varies according to an asset.
- The Extreme loss margins: This includes all the losses accounting outside the coverage of VaR margins.
- For any stock, the Extreme loss margin is always 1.75 times higher than the standard deviation of daily stock price returns or can be also calculated as 5 percentage of the position over a certain period.
- Always this margin rate is fixed at the starting of each month which involves the price data analyzing on a rolling basis for the past specified time say for six months or so.
- And finally, the Mark to market margin:
- MTM calculations occur at the end of a day on all open positions by readily comparing the transaction price with that of the closing price of the share for that day. If any kind of MTM loss occurs, then it is meant to be paid by the coming day.
- If by chance, on a given day, the quantity amounted to buying and selling a shares falls to be same, then the quantity position is regarded as zero but still, there could be chances of a notional loss or gain which is also accountable as MTM payable.