Last year, I came up with this craft to go with Day 1 of Truth in the Tinsel. We didn't have red and yellow tissue paper (for the craft in the book), but I thought any sort of candle would work. So here she is!
I thought I give a quick how-to in case you want a simple craft to do with your kids this season whether you are doing Truth in the Tinsel or not.
popsicle stick (we used the larger ones)
red and yellow construction paper
decorative paper, glitter, markers or paint
1. Trace a circle onto the yellow paper. We used a bottle cap to give us a nice shape. Cut it out or have your child cut it out depending on his or her age.
2. Draw a flame shape on the orange paper and cut out.
3. Glue the flame on top of the yellow circle and then glue the circle on top of the stick.
4. Decorate the body of the candle however you please! Last year, we modpodged pretty craft paper on the front. This year, the girls wanted to use glitter and markers.
5. Hot glue a loop of ribbon to the top to hang.
Need a book that teaches how it is better to give than to receive? We love The Present. (See it on our bookshelf?) It's not specifically about Christmas, so you can read it all year long! :)
Linking up to making monday marvelous at C.R.A.F.T