After our initial easter egg window experiment using contact paper and paint (which did not turn out so well), we decided to try it again.
This time, we used Mod Podge. (It's a favorite around here.) I chopped up a bunch of tissue paper--no real rhyme or reason to it and we pasted them onto the clear side of some contact paper eggs.
My hope was that the mod podge would adhere to the contact paper--but as you can see, it did not. After they dried, the tissue paper peeled right off. Rats!
But as you can see, the tissue paper portion is stuck together nicely, so I managed to get an egg after all. Just not a sticky one. But we just used some tape to hang them in the window and it worked fine.
I like the way they look when the sun shines through them and they remind of a Mondrian piece...