1. Because Your Daddy Loves You by Andrew Clements
I asked Ben what his favorite daddy book to read with Juliet was and he said it was this one. So there you go: straight from the daddy himself.
2. Animals Daddies and My Daddy by Barbara Shook Hazen
Love the vintage illustrations in this one!
3. Just Me and My Dad by Mercer Mayer
We have yet to meet a Mercer Mayer book that we don't like.
4. My Daddy and Me by Amy E. Sklansky
This was a favorite when Juliet was between the ages of 1 and 2. We read it over and over again!
5. The Bunny Book by Richard Scarry
I LOVE this book. It's all about a little bunny who wants nothing more than to grow up and be a bunny daddy just like his daddy one day.
6. Love Me Tender, illustrated by Tom Browning
This is an illustrated version of the Elvis Presley song. It's a beautiful book that shows a father's love for his daughter. Juliet loved singing this together with me.
7. Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
Eric Carle is one of my favorite author/illustrators and this might be my favorite book of his.
8. Let Papa Sleep! by Emily Reed
This is one of those out-of-print vintage books that I like to write about, but I saw a few copies for sale on Amazon--so there is a chance you can find it! Juliet laughs and laughs at this story. She also likes for us to pretend to be the two little rabbits in the story who are making too much noise while Papa Rabbit is trying to sleep.
9. Just Like Daddy by Frank Asch
A fun story that also has a cute "just like mommy" twist at the end.
10. Daddy Hugs 123 by Karen Katz
I love Karen Katz books for babies. This is a sweet one for girls while Daddy and Me features a boy in the illustrations.
What are your favorite daddy books? Leave a comment and let me know!
For more great top ten lists, head over to Top Ten Tuesday @ OhAmanda!