Every week, I try to identify Juliet's "favorite book of the week". Usually, it's pretty easy--she is very vocal about what she likes and dislikes. If we pick up a book that she doesn't want to read, she tells us, no, and so we put it down and pick up another one, and another until we come to one she likes.
For the book of the week selections, I usually pick the book she has requested most that week. However, sometimes, no clear favorite appears, and so I pick one that we both really enjoyed. Sometimes there are just too many good options!
Here is a list of the books that have obtained the coveted "book of the week" status: (I'm listing them in the order that they appeared as book of the week on this blog. Every week, I will add the current favorite to the bottom of the list. It should be interesting to see how our tastes evolve.)
- One Seal by John Stadler
- Ten Dogs in the Window by Claire Masurel
- One White Wishing Stone: A Beach Day Counting Book by Doris K. Gayzagian
- What Does Bunny See? by Linda Sue Park
- Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems
- In a Blue Room by Jim Averbeck
- Llama Llama Mad at Mama by Anna Dewdney
- Hondo & Fabian by Peter McCarty
- Edwina The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She was Extinct by Mo Willems
- The Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson
- The Adventures of Louey and Frank by Carolyn White
- Setting the Turkeys Free by W. Nicola-Lisa